ADVOCATES FOR PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
STATEMENT AGAINST NDAA LEGISLATION
JULY 6, 2012
The position of Advocates for Peace and Social Justice on the National Defense Authorization Act (hereafter referred to as “NDAA) is as follows:
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is legislation passed by our legislators in Washington, DC unanimously and signed into law by President Barak Obama this past New Year’s Eve.
The NDAA allows the United States Government to:
- Ignore the Constitution of the United States
- Ignore the Bill of Rights
- Classify US Citizens as ‘terrorists’ at its whim and discretion
- Indefinitely detain US Citizens at whim
- Torture and murder US Citizens at its discretion
- Eliminates Due Process of Law guaranteed in our Constitution so that those labeled as ‘terrorists’ will not have right to legal representation or a fair trial.
The NDAA allows the Government to kidnap people at any time of day and you will simply ‘disappear’ from the face of the Earth. Your loved ones will never know where you are, what happened to you, why you were kidnapped or whether you are alive or dead.You will not be allowed legal counsel to defend you.
The purpose of this heinous law is to silence the voice of “We the People”. The FBI is already equating protestors to terrorists. There are many who are calling for Occupy Wall Street protestors (and other Occupy Movement affiliates) to be classified as terrorists. The message is clear that dissent of our Government and financial elite is not welcomed and those who dare speak will face a terrible price.
Advocates for Peace and Social Justice categorically opposes the National Defense Authorization Act [NDAA] and urges everyone to tell our Government that the United States of America is not “Nazi Germany” and demand that the NDAA law be abolished immediately.
Advocates for Peace and Social Justice